Boccieri Golf Introduces First-Ever ‘Limited Edition' Deep Face Heavy Putter
12.14.07Distinctive Look, Feel, Top-Flight Performance
(RIDGEFIELD, CT) - Boccieri Golf is celebrating the launch of the new DF Series by unveiling a "Limited Edition" version of the classic C2-DF putter. The Limited Edition line features only 500 uniquely numbered putters, each of which is issued with a letter of authenticity signed and sealed by the inventor/designer Stephen Boccieri.
Each putter is crafted from a forged billet then 100-percent CNC milled for exacting specifications, unsurpassed feel and performance. Making this putter even more truly unique is a PVD finish for a distinctly rich, black appearance; decorative gold lettering on the putter head; a True Temper "Black Gold" shaft; a luxury-grade, Australian-leather grip; and a custom head cover.
"We wanted to craft something extraordinary for putter aficionados and our large yet still rapidly growing legion of Heavy Putter die-hards," says Boccieri, President and CEO of Boccieri Golf. "The C2-DF Limited Edition Heavy Putter looks sharp as a collector's item and as with all the Heavy Putters improves the consistency of the golfer's stroke, resulting in fewer putts per round."
More information about the C2-DF Limited Edition Heavy Putter ($399) is available at www.heavyputter.com.
Sharing the same technology as all models in the DF Series, the C2-DF Limited Edition Heavy Putter has a face one-quarter inch higher than conventional putters. This more closely aligns the equator of the golf ball with the "sweet spot" of the clubface to optimally transfer energy for superior distance control and improved skid-roll characteristics.
Unveiled last month, the Heavy Putter DF Series was created after extensive studies indicated most golfers would benefit from more consistent vertical accuracy at impact. The higher center of gravity allows golfers to raise their putters just above the surface of the green more consistently to achieve contact with the sweet spot for improved overall putting.
The weighting technology that made the Original Heavy Putter popular has not changed for the DF Series. Like the entire Heavy Putter line, the DF models weigh just under two times that of conventional putters, thus, automatically engaging larger, more stable muscles. Furthermore, the higher balance point created by the counter-weight in the butt end of the shaft disengages the hands, promoting a smoother, more consistent pendulum stroke. Like all Heavy Putter models the new DF Series incorporates face balancing for improved feel and performance.
The Heavy Putter DF Series consists of three mallets and two blades, not including the C2-DF Limited Edition:
• C2-DF - Combining a classic blade design with Heavy Putter Technology makes this the putter traditional golfers have been waiting for. The higher center of gravity and face balancing give this classic design a one-of-a-kind, solid feel. The C2-DF features a plumber's-neck hosel providing for a full shaft offset - a style widely used on the PGA TOUR - with a combined brushed stainless steel and matte finish. (LH available)
• D1-DF & D3-DF - A ground-breaking new mallet design that features three adjoining "humps" perpendicular to the back of the putter face for precise alignment, and a rail system to minimize surface contact with the green. This putter is extremely effective from the fringe of the green. Available with center shaft (D1-DF) and heel-mount, double-bend shaft (D3-DF) in combined brushed stainless steel and matte finish.
• E1-DF & E3-DF - Dome-shape mallet with a carved-out underside for better weight distribution coverts this conventional design into a high moment-of-inertia ("MOI") putter. Available with center shaft (E1-DF) and heel-mount, double-bend shaft (E3-DF). (LH available)
• F3-DF - This unique blade resembles a stealth bomber with two "wings" extending backward from the heel and toe with a heel-mount, double-bend shaft. The unique shape allows for one of the most stable blades ever designed, and it causes a "ping" sound upon impact, an audible feedback related to distance control. (LH available)
• G3-DF - A traditional mallet with novel alignment lines sloping toward the putter face for top visual acuity. This putter also incorporates moving mass around the perimeter to maximize its MOI.
For the first time, Boccieri Golf presents two models exclusively for women. In addition to the men's G3-DF and C2-DF, the women's versions have a pink grip, touches of pink on the clubhead, and come with a distinctly feminine headcover and a Lady HP shaft band.
"The new Heavy Putter Deep Face Series utilizes our unrivaled, TOUR-proven technology and offers several cosmetic options," says Boccieri. "The raised center-of-gravity allows golfers to more consistently align the vertical impact point with the equator of the golf ball. Consistent sweet spot contact is critical to distance control."
Further validating the performance of the Heavy Putter DF Series, PGA TOUR winner Troy Matteson put both the C2-DF and the F3-DF into play. With the new DF putters in hand, Troy joined the elite group of 60 in the semi-final FedEx Cup round after recording two other top-10 finishes in 2007. Several other TOUR players are improving their scores with Heavy Putter DF models.
Most Heavy Putter DF models come in standard, mid and long lengths. All standard length models are $169 MSRP.
About the Heavy Putter
The Heavy Putter is carried in all 50 states and 29 overseas markets. It is found in many of the finest off-course shops and most prestigious golf courses, country clubs and resorts worldwide.
In addition to Matteson winning the PGA TOUR's Frys.com Open en route to five consecutive top-10 finishes, Adrien Mork won two European Challenge Tour events and shot a record-setting round of 59. On the Canadian Tour, Josh Habig won with the Heavy Putter and it has also been used in competition by major-tournament winners.
The Heavy Putter remains the first and only putter that can automatically improve the consistency of the putting stroke. Its unprecedented application of a heavier mass head and counter-balanced weight in the grip end of the shaft promotes greater stroke stability, consistent swing paths, uniform pace, precise distance and directional control, and tightens the end-over-end golf ball roll.
The pioneering weight technology features a 450- to 550-gram head (conventional heads are 330 to 350 grams). The Heavy Putter's defining Weight Management System, a 250-gram weight installed in the grip end, produces a balance point 75 percent higher than conventional putters.
The Heavy Putter "Original" and "Matte" Series models - which spawned the global army of Heavy Putter true believers - are still available. They retail for $229 and $199, respectively, including an adjustable tip-weight kit to fine tune the balance point of the putter and match golfers' unique release characteristics. There are three blades and three mallets within each series.
Contact: 888.PUTTER.4, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.heavyputter.com, www.boccierigolf.com.
- END -