Boccieri Golf's Global Success Continues at European Tour's Celtic Manor Wales Open
06.09.09Heavy Putter Used by Two Top-10 Finishers
(RIDGEFIELD, CT) - Boccieri Golf announces that its technologically-advanced Heavy Putter was used by Ignacio Garrido and Fabrizio Zanotti, who placed third and 10th respectively, at last week's Celtic Manor Wales Open on the PGA European Tour.
Continuing the streak of strong showings for Heavy Putter users, both players ranked among the top-20 in "putts per GIR." Garrido, a 37-year-old Spaniard, relied on the B1-M model to shoot three rounds in the 60s, including ten one-putt greens on Sunday for his best finish of the season. Zanotti, one of the hottest players on the European Tour, is coming off a recent runner-up performance at the Open de Espana.
"Week after week more players on the major professional tours worldwide are turning to our unique technology to help them score," says Stephen Boccieri, President and CEO of Boccieri Golf. "That momentum shows no signs of slowing down and mirrors the tremendous retail sell-through for our new MID-WEIGHT Series."
These strong finishes come after John Daly used the MID-WEIGHT Series to secure a runner-up finish at the BMW Italian Open. Another highlight of the young season occurred when a player on the Champion's Tour switched to Heavy Putter and promptly captured the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf. Additional successes for the company include wins on the PGA, European, Champions, Asian, Nationwide and Canadian Tours.
The Heavy Putter's global popularity stems from its unprecedented counter-balance theory of a heavier mass head and weighted grip. This causes the body to engage its larger, core muscles for greater stroke stability, consistent swing paths, uniform pace, precise distance and directional control, tightening end-over-end golf ball roll.
Preferred by 7 out of 10 golfers over their current brands as proven by extensive nationwide testing, the recently introduced MID-WEIGHT Series has a total weight of 750 grams, which is lighter than previous Heavy Putter models yet heavier than traditional offerings. It is available in five classic designs offered in a rich black "PVD" or silver satin finish.
MID-WEIGHT Series models include:
• CX2 - Classic blade design that is face balanced; plumbers-neck hosel with a full shaft offset.
• H1/H3 - Medium-size face balanced mallet; high MOI rating for forgiveness on off-center hits. Features a thin face to improve feel at impact; available in both heel (H3) with a double bend with half shaft offset and center-shafted (H1) models with a striking parabola channel alignment aid with a single long site line.
• J2 - Deeper flanged blade offers the forgiveness of a mallet with a sleek top-line; face balanced with a plumbers-neck hosel with a full shaft offset.
• K4 - Classic "toe-droop" blade with thin top line; short slant neck hosel with half-shaft offset.
• L3 - Traditional small face balanced mallet; heel shafted double-bend half-shaft offset, a unique three-line alignment system, center top line and two lower lines frame the ball, while thin-face design promotes crisper feel at impact, improves MOI.
About the Heavy Putter
Introduced in 2005, the Heavy Putter is carried in all 50 states and more than 35 overseas markets. It is found in many of the finest off-course shops and most prestigious golf courses, country clubs and resorts worldwide.
The Heavy Putter's global popularity stems from its unprecedented counter-balance theory of a heavier mass head and weighted grip. This causes the body to engage its larger, core muscles for greater stroke stability, consistent swing paths, uniform pace and precise distance and directional control, tightening end-over-end golf ball roll.
The Heavy Putter Original, Matte and Deep Face Series models, which spawned a global following, each incorporates the company's pioneering weighting technology, including a 475-gram head (conventional heads are 330 to 350 grams) and a 250-gram weight installed in the grip end, producing a balance point 75 percent higher than conventional putters.
Contact: 888.PUTTER.4, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.heavyputter.com, www.boccierigolf.com.
-- END --