Exceptionally Strong First Quarter Sales for Heavy Putter MID-WEIGHT Series
04.13.09Major Four-Season Retailer Reports Superior Inventory Turns
(RIDGEFIELD, CT) - Boccieri Golf announces that sales of the Heavy Putter MID-WEIGHT Series have outpaced the market thus far in 2009 with four times inventory turnover at the leading off-course retailer serving the southeastern U.S.
These sales numbers are consistent with the extensive consumer testing conducted by Boccieri Golf that showed 7 out of 10 golfers preferred the new MID-WEIGHT over their current putters. With a total weight of 750 grams, the line is lighter than previous Heavy Putter models yet heavier than traditional offerings.
"The first quarter returns have definitely exceeded even our lofty expectations and validate the great response we've had since introducing the MID-WEIGHT at the PGA Show," says Stephen Boccieri, President and CEO of Boccieri Golf. "We anticipate similar numbers at all our retailer partners as the season hits full stride and golfers test the new line, which features our exclusive technologies proven to reduce putts per round."
Available in a five classic designs offered in a rich black "PVD" or silver satin finish, the MID-WEIGHT Series features Boccieri Golf's innovative system of added weight in the head and grip. This causes the body to engage its larger muscles for a consistent swing path, uniform pace, precise distance and directional control, tightening end-over-end golf ball roll.
MID-WEIGHT Series models include:
• CX2 - Classic blade design that is face balanced; plumbers-neck hosel with a full shaft offset.
• H1/H3 - Medium-size face balanced mallet; high MOI rating for forgiveness on off-center hits. Features a thin face to improve feel at impact; available in both heel (H3) with a double bend with half shaft offset and center-shafted (H1) models with a striking parabola channel alignment aid with a single long site line.
• J2 - Deeper flanged blade offers the forgiveness of a mallet with a sleek top-line; face balanced with a plumbers-neck hosel with a full shaft offset.
• K4 - Classic "toe-droop" blade with thin top line; short slant neck hosel with half-shaft offset.
• L3 - Traditional small face balanced mallet; heel shafted double-bend half-shaft offset, a unique three-line alignment system, center top line and two lower lines frame the ball, while thin-face design promotes crisper feel at impact, improves MOI.
About the Heavy Putter
Heavy Putter is carried in all 50 states and more than 35 overseas markets. It is found in many of the finest off-course shops and most prestigious golf courses, country clubs and resorts worldwide and since its 2005 introduction, has captured victories on the PGA, European, Nationwide, Asian, Canadian and European Challenge Tours.
The Heavy Putter Original, Matte and Deep Face Series models, which spawned a global following, each incorporates the company's pioneering weighting technology, including a 475-gram head (conventional heads are 330 to 350 grams) and a 250-gram weight installed in the grip end, producing a balance point 75 percent higher than conventional putters.
Contact: 888.PUTTER.4, email@example.com, www.heavyputter.com, www.boccierigolf.com.
-- END --